Giulio Briccialdi (1818-1881), Emanuele Krakamp (1813-1883), Wilhelm Popp (1828-1903), Paul-Agricole Génin (1832-1903), Donato Lovreglio (1832-1903), Cesare Ciardi (1818-1877), Paolo Furlani (1964)
Within the current Giuseppe Verdi”s birth bicentenary, Tactus is offering a wide range of proposals relating to the huge production of collateral works inspired by his great music, highlighting in this way the presence of the great Italian composer in varied repertoires with regards to their musical forms, the timings and the geography.
These operations have led to an enrichment of our already vast and branched-out knowledge, not of the musician himself, but rather of his impact and extreme popularity, from the period in which he was alive to the present time.
This CD belongs to this type of operation, and gives the listener the opportunity – until now a rather rare one – to hear Verdi’s music through the filter of an entirely instrumental, chamber-music elaboration for flute and piano. It hinges on flutist-composers who were active during Verdi’s time, with an opening to contemporary music through a solo flute piece by the Italian composer Paolo Furlani.
Arcadio Baracchi and Andrea Trovato are easily dealing with the lyricism and virtuosity that typically peppered these fantasies and paraphrases, where the skill of the performers was cleverly brought to light through songs that could be considered real “hits” of their time.
Seconda Fantasia su Don Carlos Op. 122 8.45
2. Emanuele Krakamp (1813-1883)
Fantasia sulla Traviata Op. 248 6.17
3. Wilhelm Popp (1828-1903)
Concert-Walzer su La Traviata Op. 378 9.27
4. Paul-Agricole Génin (1832-1903)
Fantasia sul Rigoletto Op. 19 12.11
5. Donato Lovreglio (1841-1907)
Rigoletto. Capriccio fantastico Op. 15 10.35
6. Cesare Ciardi (1818-1877)
Fantasia su Il Trovatore 8.55
7. (bonus track) Paolo Furlani (1964)
Variazioni su un tema di Un ballo in maschera [flauto solo] 6.37
- Composer: Giulio Briccialdi (1818-1881), Emanuele Krakamp (1813-1883), Wilhelm Popp (1828-1903), Paul-Agricole Génin (1832-1903), Donato Lovreglio (1832-1903), Cesare Ciardi (1818-1877), Paolo Furlani (1964)
- Performers: Arcadio Baracchi, flauto
Andrea Trovato, piano
- Musicological Text: Paolo Somigli
- Historical Period: Romanticism
- Code: TC 850001
- Edition: July 2015
- Barcode: 8007194106282
- Set: 1
- Notes: World Premiere Recording (Tracks 1, 3, 5, 6, 7.).